Metrovalencia is the metro service of the city of Valencia, Spain. It was inaugurated on October 8th, 1988. The metro has 137 stations and 9 lines. It makes connections to buses and trams. The metro goes directly to Valencia Airport. It opens every day at around 5:30 am, and closes at around 11:00 pm. Ticket prices for the metro start from €1.50. You can save money on the metro's fare by buying the Bonometro. You can only stay in the metro between 90 minutes and 150 minutes, depending on the number of zones that you plan to travel. As a fun fact, one of the metro stations was built below a river. A new line for the metro will be built. You can go to attractions such as La Lonja de la Seda in 30 minutes if you use the metro.
The city of Valencia is the capital of the autonomous community of the same name in Spain. With over 790,000 people, it is the third most populous city of Spain. The languages spoken in the city are Spanish and Valencian. Valencia is famous for the invention of a dish called Paella, and for celebrating a festival called Fallas Festival. During this festival, papier maché sculptures are displayed and burned.
The public transportation of Valencia consists of buses, bicycles, trams and the metro. The buses are owned by EMT. The public bike service, called Valenbisi, allows rides in bicycles for 30 minutes for free or you could pay to ride a bicycle for longer periods of time. Railway services are owned by Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat Valenciana (FGV). They own the tram, called Alicante Tram, and the metro, called Metrovalencia. The main train station in Valencia is Estació Del Nord, near Xàtiva metro station. The only airport available in Valencia is the Valencia Airport.
The metro was opened to the public on October 8th, 1988. However, it was not called Metrovalencia until May 5th, 1995. It was the third metro system built in Spain, after Madrid and Barcelona Subways The first lines to be inaugurated were lines 1 and 2. Line 4 was inaugurated on 1994, with the opening of 21 stations. Later, on May 1995, line 3 was inaugurated. The opening dates for the rest of the lines were: April 30th, 2003 for line 5; September 27, 2007 for line 6; and March 2015 for lines 7, 8, and 9. These last three lines came from a redistribution of station from the first six lines.
The Valencia Metro has 137 stations in 9 lines: line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, line 5, line 6, line 7, line 8, and line 9. The stations for each line are the following:
- Line 1: is the yellow line. It is 98.159 km long and a half million users in 2010. It has the following 40 stations: Bétera, Godella, Massarrojos, Burjassot, Burjassot-Godella, Campanar, Empalme, Ángel Guimerá, Túria, Valéncia-Sud, Omet, Algimet, Font Almaguer, Carlet, Ausiàs March, Montortal, Alberic, Massalavés, Benimodo, Masies, Patraix, Picanya, Paiporta, Moncada-Alfara, Picassent, L’ Alcúdia, Horta Vella, Rocafort, Seminari-CEU, Villanueva de Cantallón, Beniferri, Plaça Espanya, Torrent, Jesús, Sant Isidre, Safranar, Realón , Collegi El Vedat, Sant Ramón, Espioca
- Line 2: it's the blue line. This line has a frequency of 7 - 10 minutes and about 25 million users per year. It take 31 minutes to make the trip. It has the following 33 stations: Llívira, La Pobla de Valbona, Benaguasil 2n, Torre del Virrei, Benaguasil 1r, Montesol, L’Eliana, Entrepins, El Clot, La Canyada, La Vallesa, Santa Rita, Fuente del Jarro, Campament, Paterna, Benimàmet, Les Carolines-Fira, Empalme, Cantereria, Campanar, Beniferri, Àngel Guimerà, Túria, Plaça Espanya, Patraix, Jesús, Sant Isidre, Safranar, Paiporta, València Sud, Torrent, Picanya, Torrent Avinguda
- Line 3: It's the red line. Goes from Rafelbunyol to Aeroport. It is 24.6 kms long, has 27 stops and around 24 million and a half users per year. Stations: Rafelbunyol, Massamagrell, La Pobla de Farnals, Albalat dels Sorells, Museros, Meliana, Foios, Alboraya-Peris Aragó, Almàssera, Machado, Alboraya-Palmaret, Facultats, Benimaclet, Colón, Alameda, Àngel Guimerà, Xàtiva, Nou d’Octubre, Avinguda del Cid, Mislata-Almassil, Mislata, Quart de Poblet, Faitanar, Salt de l’Aigua, Rosas, Manises, Aeroport
- Line 4: It's de dark blue line. It's 16 km long and has 5 million users a year. It has the following 33 stations: Mas del Rosari, Tomás y Valiente, La Coma, Parc Científic UV, Santa Gemma, TVV, Ll. Llarga Terramelar, Vicent Andrés Estellés, Firá València, Sant Joan, Campus, Empalme, La Granja, Florista, Palau de Congressos, Benicalap, Garbí, Marxalenes, Trànsits, Sagunt, Reus, Primat Reig, Pont de Fusta, Vicent Zaragozà, Benismaclet, La Carrasca, Universitat Politècnica, Serreía, Tarongers, La Marina, La Cadena, Les Arenes, Doctor Lluch
- Line 5: It's the green line. It has the following 18 stations: Marítim-Serrería, Amistat-Casa de Salud, Ayora, Alameda, Aragón, Xátiva, Colón, Avinguda del Cid, Àngel Guimerà, Mislata, Nou d’Octubre, Faitanar, Mislata-Almassil, Salt de l’Aigua, Quart de Poblet, Rosas, Manises, Aeroport
- Line 6: It's the purple line. It has the following 21 stations: Tossal del Rei, Estadi del Llevant, Sant Miquel del Rei, Alfauir, Orriols, Benimaclet, Primat Reig, Universitat Politècnica, Vicent Zaragozà, Tarongers, La Carrasca, La Cadena, Serrería, La Marina, Mediterrani, Doctor Lluch, Grau-Canyamelar, Les Arenes, Francesc Cubells, Eugenia Viñes, Marítim Serrería
- Line 7: It has the following 16 stations: Marítim-Serrería, Amistat-Casa de Salud, Ayora, Alameda, Aragón, Bailén, Colón, Patraix, Jesús, Sant Isidre, Safranar, Paiporta, València Sud, Torrent, Picanya, Torrent Avinguda
- Line 8: It has the following four stations: Marina Reial Joan Carles I, Francesc Cubells, Grau-Canyamelar, Marítim-Serrería
- Line 9: It has the following 22 stations: Alboraya-Peris Aragó, Machado, Alboraya-Palmaret, Facultats, Benimaclet, Colón, Alameda, Àngel Guimerá, Xàtiva, Nou d’Octubre, Avinguda del Cid, Mislata-Almassil, Mislata, Quart de Poblet, Faitanar, Manises, Salt de l’Aigua, Rosas, La Presa, La Cova, Masia de Traver, Riba-roja de Túria
Metrovalencia makes connections to the buses from EMT, which is the bus network for most of the municipality of Valencia. Metrovalencia also makes connections to the buses of MetroBus, which is a bus company that offers rides between the capital of Valencia and the metropolitan area of Valencia. Finally, Metrovalencia also makes connections to the Alicante Tram.
Metrovalencia goes directly to Valencia Airport through Aeroport station. You can make connections to many other transportation services at Estació Del Nord. To go from Aeroport station to Estació Del Nord, go to Xàtiva station. This trip lasts 20 minutes, and there are trains available at the airport every 9 minutes.
Timetables are divided into three categories: Ordinary Service, Intermediate Service, and Holiday Service. Ordinary Service is offered most of the year. Intermediate Service is offered during the following dates in 2017: all Saturdays, except March 18th; Monday through Thursday during the first week of January; Monday through Saturday, during all the month of July; Monday through Saturday, during all of the month of August, except August 15th; and Tuesday through Saturday during the last week of December. Finally, Holiday Service is offered during the following dates of 2017: every Sunday, except March 19th; April 6th, 13th, 14th, 17th, and 24th; May 1st; August 15th; October 9th and 12th; November 1st; and December 6th, 8th, and 25th.
The opening and closing times for each station during weekdays are the following:
Station - Opening time - Closing time
Aeroport - 5:27 am - 10:57 pm
Albalat dels Sorells - 5:14 am - 8:59 pm
Alameda 4:58 am - 11:28 pm
Alboraya-Palmaret - 4:59 am - 11:04 pm
Alberic - 6:16 am - 10:09 pm
Alginet - 5:51 am - 10:32 pm
Alfauir - 5:30 am - 11:20 pm
Alboraya-Peris Aragó - 5:02 am - 11:06 pm
Amistat-Casa de Salud - 5:37 am - 11:05 pm
Almàssera - 5:05 am - 11:09 pm
Aragón - 5:35 am - 11:03 pm
Àngel Guimerà - 4:51 am - 11:32 pm
Avenida del Cid - 5:05 am - 11:35 pm
Ausiàs March - 5:53 am - 10:35 pm
Bailén - 6:19 am - 10:19 pm
Ayora - 5:39 am - 11:07 pm
Benaguasil 1r - 5:58 am - 11:05 pm
Bétera - 6:04 am - 10:51 pm
Benicalap - 5:06 am - 11:25 pm
Benaguasil 2n - 6:00 am - 11:07 pm
Beniferri - 4:56 am - 11:37 pm
Benimàmet - 5:29 am - 10:35 pm
Benimaclet - 4:51 am - 10:35 pm
Burjassot - 5:01 am - 10:27 pm
Benimodo - 6:00 am - 10:42 pm
Campament - 5:28 am - 11:45 pm
Burjassot-Godella - 5:02 am - 10:28 pm
Campanar - 4:54 am - 11:35 pm
Cantereria - 5:27 am - 10:33 pm
Campus - 5:16 am - 11:35 pm
Colón - 4:59 am - 11:29 pm
Carlet - 5:57 am - 10:40 pm
Doctor Lluch - 5:02 am - 11:04 pm
Collegi El Vedat - 5:32 am - 10:41 pm
Empalme - 4:59 am - 10:25 pm
El Clot - 5:49 am - 10:56 pm
Espioca - 5:43 am - 10:24 pm
Entrepins - 5:46 am - 10:53 pm
Eugenia Viñes - 4:57 am - 11:59 pm
Estadi del Llevant - 5:33 am - 11:23 pm
Faitanar - 5:12 am - 11:42 pm
Facultats -4:56 am -11:26 pm
Florista - 5:09 am - 11:28 pm
Firá València - 4:57 am - 10:59 pm
Font Almaguer - 5:47 am - 10:28 pm
Foios - 5:12 am - 11:16 pm
Fuente del Jarro - 5:38 am - 10:45 pm
Francesc Cubells - 6:12 am - 10:42 pm
Godella - 5:04 am - 10:30 pm
Garbí - 5:08 am - 11:27 pm
Horta Vella - 5:48 am - 10:44 pm
Grau-Canyamelar - 6:11 am - 10:41 pm
L’Alcúdia - 6:06 am - 10:00 pm
Jesús - 4:47 am - 11:28 pm
La Cadena - 4:55 am - 11:57 pm
L’Eliana - 5:51 am - 10:58 pm
La Carrasca - 4:46 am - 11:11 pm
La Canyada - 5:41 am - 10:48 pm
La Cova - 5:46 am - 10:46 pm
La Coma - 5:47 am - 10:44 pm
La Marina - 5:03 am - 10:59 pm
La Granja - 5:13 am - 11:32 pm
La Pobla de Vallbona - 5:55 am - 11:02 pm
La Pobla de Farnals - 5:22 am - 11:25 pm
La Vallesa - 5:44 am - 10:51 pm
La Presa - 5:50 am - 10:50 pm
Les Carolines/Fira - 5:30 am - 10:36 pm
Les Arenes - 4:58 am - 11:40 pm
Llíria - 6:09 am - 11:14 pm
Ll. Llarga-Terramelar - 6:05 am - 10:45 pm
Manises - 5:18 am - 11:48 pm
Machado -4:52 am -11:22 pm
Marina Reial Joan Carles I - 7:55 am - 9:55 pm - Marítim-Serrería - 5:45 am - 11:15 pm
Mas del Rosari - 5:52 am - 10:55 pm
Marxalenes - 5:03 am - 11:22 pm
Masies - 5:44 am - 10:40 pm
Masia de Traver - 5:54 am - 10:54 pm
Massamagrell - 5:20 am - 11:23 pm
Massalavés - 6:12 am - 10:05 pm
Mediterrani - 6:09 am - 10:39 pm
Massarrojos - 5:08 am - 10:34 pm
Mislata - 5:09 am - 11:39 pm
Meliana - 5:09 am - 11:13 pm
Moncada-Alfara - 5:10 am - 10:36 pm
Mislata-Almassil - 5:10 am - 10:40 pm
Montortal - 6:09 am - 10:02 pm
Montesol - 5:50 am - 10:57 pm
Nou d’Octubre - 5:07 am - 10:57 pm
Museros - 5:18 am - 11:21 pm
Orriols - 5:32 am - 11:22 pm
Omet - 5:40 am - 11:21 pm
Palau de Congressos - 5:10 am - 11:29 pm
Paiporta - 5:02 am - 11:32 pm
Patraix - 4:45 am - 11:26 pm
Paterna - 5:27 am - 11:44 pm
Picassent - 5:38 am - 10:19 pm
Picanya - 5:05 am - 11:34 pm
Pont de Fusta - 4:57 am - 11:16 pm
Pl. Espanya - 4:49 am - 11:30 pm
Quart de Poblet - 5:14 am - 11:44 pm
Primado Reig - 4:53 am - 11:12 pm
Realón - 5:34 am - 10:43 pm
Rafelbunyol - 5:27 am - 10:59 pm
Riba-roja de Túria - 6:06 am - 11:02 pm
Reus - 5:02 am - 11:21 pm
Rosas - 5:20 am - 11:50 pm
Rocafort - 5:06 am - 10:32 pm
Sagunt - 5:00 am - 11:19 pm
Safranar - 4:43 am - 11:24 pm
Sant Isidre - 4:42 am - 11:23 pm
Salt de l’Aigua - 5:16 am - 11:46 pm
Sant Miquel dels Reis - 5:35 am - 11:25 pm
Sant Joan - 5:15 am - 11:34 pm
Santa Gemma-Parc Cientific UV - 5:44 am - 10:41 pm
Sant Ramón - 5:36 am - 10:45 pm
Seminari-CEU - 5:15 am - 11:00 pm
Santa Rita - 5:36 am - 10:43 pm
Tarongers - 4:45 am - 11:10 pm
Serrería - 4:44 am - 11:09 pm
Tomás y Valiente - 5:46 am - 10:43 pm
Túria - 4:53 am - 11:34 pm
Torrent - 5:08 am - 11:37 pm
Torre del Virrei - 5:52 am - 10:59 pm
Tossal del Rei - 5:44 am - 11:33 pm
Torrent Avinguda - 5:17 am - 10:58 pm
TVV - 5:43 am - 10:40 pm
Trànsits - 5:05 am - 11:24 pm
València Sud - 4:40 pm - 11:21 pm
Universitat Politècnica - 4:47 am - 11:12 pm
Vicente Zaragozà - 4:49 am - 11:14 pm
Vicent Andrés Estellés - 5:39 am - 11:50 pm
Xàtiva - 5:01 am - 11:31 pm
Villanueva de Castellón - 6:36 am - 11:21 pm
You can pay the metro's fares with tickets, cards, or subscriptions.
- Tickets: They are divided into Single Tickets, Return Tickets, Monthly Gent Major (€9.70,) Monthly Mobilitat (€9.70,) and Annual Mobilitat (€87.30.) Single Tickets are divided into: one zone (€1.50,) two zones (€2.10,) three zones (€2.80,) and four zones (€3.90.) Return Tickets are divided into: one zone (€2.90,) two zones (€4,) three zones (€5.30,) and four zones (€7.40.)
- Cards: The cards available are Bonometro, TuiN Card, and Móbilis Card. The Bonometro has the following prices: one zone (€7.20,) two zones (€10.40,) three zones (€14,) and four zones (€20.) The TuiN Card has the following prices: one zone (€0.72,) two zones (€1.04,) three and four zones (€1.40,) and Aeroport (€2.) The Móbilis Card has the following prices: Personalized (€4,) Anonymous Plastic (€2,) and Anonymous Cardboard (€1.)
- Subscriptions: They are divided into: Bono Transbordo (€9,) T1 (€4,) T2 (€6.70,) T3 (€9.70,) AT (€45 to €79.10,) and AT Jove (€38.25 to €67.25.)
1) If you are planning to use the metro frequently, buy the Bonometro card. This card offers 10 rides and will save you a lot of money.
2) Another way of saving money in metro rides is by buying a three day pass, if you are planning on using the metro for more than two days.
3) If you buy a paper ticket, you can refill it for more rides. Do not throw your ticket away, or you would have to pay €1 for a new one, plus the price of the ride.
4) You can buy tickets at offices or at vending machines. You can use cash, debit and credit cards at vending machines. However, you can only use cash to buy tickets at offices.
5) The metro does not offer rides to the old towns in Valencia. Therefore, you would need to walk to go to the old towns, or stay within the city to use the metro.
There is free parking at some stations. These stations are: València Sud, Paiporta, Massarrojos, Rocafort, Fuente Del Jarro, Riba-roja de Túria, La Presa, Masía de Traver, Llíria, Seminari-CEU, La Pobla de Valbona, Empalme, L' Eliana, Bétera, Santa Rita, Paterna, Font Almaguer, Burjassot, Sant Isidre, Sant Ramón, Quart de Poblet, and Benaguasil 1r.
If you lose an item, call (34) 900 46 1046, and a customer service employee will tell you how to retrieve it. If you do not retrieve your item in a month, you will have to retrieve it at a lost and found office at: C/ Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 1, 46018 Valencia.
You can only bring pets to the metro if they are inside a cage. Any other animal is prohibited in the metro, except for guide dogs and police dogs.
You can bring folding bicycles at any time. Bicycles are allowed all day long during weekends and most holidays. However, during the festivities of Fallas Festival and Noche de San Juan, bicycles are not allowed. Finally, during weekdays, bicycles are only allowed on non-underground trains.
Expansions for Metrovalencia are currently on hold due to the economic crisis in Spain. The only planned expansions are an expansion for line 1 and the construction of a new line.
Line 1 will be expanded to offer rides from Plaça Espanya to La Fe.
A new line that will offer rides to l’Horta Sud has been proposed. This line will begin at Manises station, and will offer journeys to Picanya, Paiporta, Barrio del Cristo, Alacuás, Aldaya, and Torrente. The new line will have two branches. The first branch will offer rides to Alcácer, Silla, Benetúser, Masanasa, Barrio de Orba, Catarroja, and Albal. The second branch will offer rides to Nueva Fe, Horno de Alcedo, La Torre, and Sedaví.
The Aeroport station will be used as a reference point. To go to the closest touristic attractions to this station by using the metro, follow these instructions:
1) Valencian History Museum: The trip lasts 14 minutes. From the Aeroport station, board the metro in line 3 towards Rafelbunyol, and travel for 14 minutes. Finally, get off at Nou d’Octubre station. The museum will be within walking distance from this station.
2) Torres de Quart: The trip lasts 30 minutes. From Aeroport, board the metro in line 5 towards Marítim-Serrería, and travel for 21 minutes. Get off at Àngel Guimerà. Finally, walk 740 meters to Plaça de Santa Úrsula, 1, 46003, Torres de Quart.
3) La Lonja de la Seda: The trip lasts 30 minutes. From Aeroport, board the metro in line 5 towards Marítim-Serrería, and travel for 18 minutes. After 10 stops, get off at Àngel Guimerà. Finally, walk 990 meters to La Lonja de la Seda.
4) Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències: The trip lasts 24 minutes. From Aeroport, board the metro in line 5 towards Marítim-Serrería, and travel for 24 minutes. Get off at Alameda station. Finally, walk to Avenida Autopista del Saler, #5-46013.
5) Palacio Del Marqués de Dos Aguas: The trip lasts 30 minutes. From Aeroport, board the metro in line 3 towards Rafelbunyol, and travel for 20 minutes. After 12 stops, get off at Colón station. Finally, walk 490 meters to Carrer del Poeta Querol, 2, 46002.
If you consider that the information we provide is wrong, not accurated, outdated, translation contains errors, and you would like to help us to improve the file...you can contact us here: moc.ortem-apam@ofni.
Feel free to contact us if you dont find the system you're looking for and we'll add it as soon as we can!
Thank you very much!